Welcome to Curtin University's Physiotherapy Clinical Allocation Program
The following people may be able to assist with your enquiries:
Student Absences/ General Enquiries re Massage Visits, Clinical Visits, Clinical Placements / Mandatory Requirements :
Judy Campbell 9266-4659; Marg Coleman 9266-9284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Y4/ GEM 5/ GEM 6F Placements /Y4 Year Coordinator:
Heidi Welch - H.Welch@curtin.edu.au 9266-1218
Y2 /GEM 5 Clinical Visits, PTA Placements, Activity Practicums:
Dave Sainsbury - D.Sainsbury@curtin.edu.au 9266-3648
Y3 / GEM 6 Clinical Visits, Placements:
Julie Bayliss - J.Bayliss@curtin.edu.au 9266-1225
Deputy Director of Clinical Education/Rural Program Coodinator/Curtin Clinical Tutor Coordinator: Ginny Mulvey - G.Mulvey@curtin.edu.au 9266 3409
Director of Clinical Education/SDP Coordinator :
Alan Reubenson - A.Reubenson@curtin.edu.au 9266-3315
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR PHYSIOTHERAPY STUDENTS
All BSc Physio students in Years 2, 3 and 4 and GEM5, GEM6 and GEM6Final students - who have mandatories expiring in Semester One 2018 or prior to completing their course, should upload renewals to SONIA prior to MONDAY, 26TH NOVEMBER 2017.
Year 3's with CPR expiring prior to the end of the year: deadline date for uploading renewed certification to SONIA is 16th October 2017.
Year 1's: your final Hep B is due on 28th August and the deadline for the final three MR's (Hep B PVS, WWCC and Aquatic) is 2nd October 2017.
- It is the responsibility of each student to ensure all mandatory requirements are kept current. Failure to renew mandatory requirements will result in your inability to be allocated a clinical visit or placement, and may result in prolonging the course.
- If your qualifications have expired, or are not valid for the entire semester for which you are enrolled, you are not eligible for allocation to fieldwork until these have been renewed.
The only exception is the Working With Children Card. If you are renewing a current card, you can update your WWCC online. You should submit 3 months ahead - and no less than one month ahead - of expiry. For new applications, you need to obtain a form from the Post Office. Please see the example on Blackboard for how to complete sections 5 and 6. You cannot apply until you have turned 18.
- Any mandatory requirements expiring in Semester Two (with the exception of WWCC as mentioned) should have been renewed prior to the end of Semester One.
- For Clinical Placements both CPR and Hand Hygiene are required to be updated on an annual basis so, again, these should be current for the whole semester.
- Please allow up to a week after uploading a document for it to be recorded. We download a Document Activity Statement on a regular basis but if you have an urgent need for a mandatory requirement to be recorded under your Checks (such as being unable to read preparatory documents for a placement) you should email email@example.com. It may still be a day or so before it can be entered depending on the workload of administrative staff.
If you have any queries relating to Mandatory Requirements, please check in the FAQ document** first before making inquiries of the Physiotherapy Clinical Education Team. ** Blackboard> [(Physiotherapy Clinical Programs)]>Mandatory Screening Requirements for Clinical Placements> FAQ about MR.